In the Footsteps of Giants
The Ghik are a proud and passion driven people who do things in extremes. When they are happy, they are overjoyed. When sad they are deeply depressed. When angry they are enraged. Ghik stand between six and seven feet tall and weight between 200 and 300lbs on average. Males are broadly built with large hands and feet, while females tend to be slimmer. Both sport tusks from their lower jaw, though females tend to be shorter than males. Ghik have various shades of green or grey, mostly hairless, skin that is closer to a thick hide. Hair is dark and coarse and tends to curl, often leading ghik to style their hair into dreadlocks, corns or braids while eye color ranges in shades of red and brown. All Ghik are descendants of one of the tribes of Jarn'Ghik in the North.
Racial Ability Scores
- +2 Strength, +1 Constitution
- Menacing – Proficient in Intimidation.
- Savage – On a critical hit roll the weapons damage die an additional time.
- Endurance – When you would be brought below 0 hit points, drop to 1 instead. This ability can only be used once per long rest.
- Darkvision – You can see better in dim and dark situations. Up to 60 feet in dim light as normal, and treat darkness as dim light.
Though the Ghik aren't as spread out as humanity, they still maintain a presence across the world. There are two large group of Ghik that a character can choose to be a part of; The Jarn, represented above, and the Vyth, represented below.
- Vyth'Ghik – The Vyth are a group of Ghik that left their homeland in search of something more. Taking lessons from the Kapari to find balance the Vyth settled a new land where they focus their energies and emotions into perfecting a single skill or artform. Vyth'Ghik have the following changes;
- +2 Strength, +1 Wisdom
- Master of blank – Choose a skill you are proficient in, you gain expertise with this skill. This replaces proficiency in Intimidation.
- Strike Like Lightning – Once per long or short rest you can, when you make an attack, gain Advantage on the roll. If this attack results in a Critical it does the maximum amount of damage. This replaces Savage.