In the Footsteps of Giants
The Rythos are a race of large bovine like humanoids, complete with horns, snouts, hooves and tails. Both males and female can stand between seven and eight feet tall, where males are built broader and heavier than females. Most males weight 300 – 400lbs while females tend to weigh closer to 300lbs. Both are covered in furs ranging in colors and patterns of browns, whites, and blacks. Both genders have horns protruding from the sides of the head that continue to grow throughout their lives. Culturally females keep their horns short and dull, while males prefer longer, sharper horns. Several tribes can be found around the world, all of which are nomadic herds that follow a very strict path and set of laws.
Racial Ability Scores
- Large Size – A Large creature takes up a space that is 10 feet by 10 feet and has a reach of 10 feet. Ryothos can wield weapons with the Large keyword; Large weapons add an additional set of damage die to their rolls.
- +2 Strength, +1 Wisdom
- The Horns – As a bonus action the Rythos can make a melee attack using its horns. These horns do 2D4 piercing or bludgeoning damage. If the Rythos uses the Dash action beforehand, add an additional 2D4 to the damage roll.
- Speed of 25ft
- Surefooted – Rythos reduce the penalty applied by difficult terrain by 5 feet.
- Beast of Burden – Maximum lift, drag, carry and push weights are doubled for Rythos.
It is not uncommon to find Rythos of abnormally small size in herds. These runts are groomed for jobs that make use of their increased dextarity and quickness. One such tribe of Rythos, The Daughters of Fendalii, live in a mountainous area of the east. This tribe is made up mostly of females with goat-like features of medium sizeas presented bellow. Males are often born abnormally large and use the above stats.
- Medium Size
- +1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Wisdom
- The Horns – As a bonus action the Rythos can make a melee attack using its horns. These horns do D4 piercing or bludgeoning damage. If the Rythos uses the Dash action beforehand, add an additional 2D4 to the damage roll.
- Speed 30ft
- Surefooted – Reduce the penalty applied by difficult terrain by 10 feet.
- Chosen Path – You are proficient in one of the following; Athletics, Acrobatics, Persuasion, Insight, Deception or Stealth.
The following is a list of abilities used to customize your character. Each ability replaces another ability.
- Spirit Totem – You can the ability to cast the following spells; Beast Bond and Earth Tremor. Once you have cast one of these spells you can't use this ability until you finish a long rest. This ability replaces Surefooted.
- Martial Training - You have traveled a great distance away from your herd, because of this you have learned a thing or two that is uncommon to your people. You become proficient in your choice of weapon from the Simple, Martial or Firearm lists, Shields, or set of armor from the Light, Medium or Heavy lists. This replaces Chosen Path or Beast of Burden.