In the Footsteps of Giants
The Rythos are a race of large bovine like humanoids, complete with horns, snouts, hooves and tails. Both males and female can stand between seven and eight feet tall, where males are built broader and heavier than females. Most males weight 300 – 400lbs while females tend to weigh closer to 300lbs. Both are covered in furs ranging in colors and patterns of browns, whites, and blacks. Both genders have horns protruding from the sides of the head that continue to grow throughout their lives. Culturally females keep their horns short and dull, while males prefer longer, sharper horns.
Racial Ability Scores
- Large Size – A Large creature takes up a space that is 10 feet by 10 feet and has a reach of 10 feet. Treat normal sized weapons as Light, and Two-handed weapons as one handed. Weapons made for large size add an extra damage die and have the same properties listed as normal weapons.
- +2 Strength, +1 Wisdom
- The Horns – As a bonus action the Rythos can make a melee attack using its horns. These horns do 2D4 piercing or bludgeoning damage at first level, and increase by another D4 each time your proficiency bonus increases. You add your ability modifiers damage to this attack.
- Speed of 35ft
- Surefooted – Rythos reduce the penalty applied by difficult terrain by 5 feet.
- Beast of Burden – Maximum lift, drag, carry and push weights are doubled for Rythos.
Although the Rythos around the world may vary in minor ways all understand they are part of one big family and no true subrace exists. However there are a few Rythos born abnormally small. These people are usually groomed by their herds to fill jobs best suited for their size.
- Medium Size
- +1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Wisdom
- The Horns – As a bonus action the Rythos can make a melee attack using its horns. These horns do D4 piercing or bludgeoning damage at first level, and increase by another D4 each time your proficiency bonus increases. You do not add your ability modifiers damage unless you would do so to an offhand attack.
- Speed 30ft
- Surefooted – Reduce the penalty applied by difficult terrain by 10 feet.
- Chosen Path – You are proficient in one of the following; Athletics, Acrobatics, Persuasion, Insight, Deception or Stealth.