In the Footsteps of Giants
The Throden are a mixed race of rodent people whom, in ages past, dominated the world alongside the giants as a single unified race. As time went on many of the Throden were forced or fled underground where they hid for years. Others retreated to the edges of the world and scraped by in fear and caution. A few hundred years ago however the Throden began to reemerge and unfortunetly for them, many were snatched up and put into slavery by the Ghik, Humans, Kapari and Naga (a race of serpent-folk). Throdens physical appearance varies greatly among their subspecies but all are covered in fur, all have small claws built for burrowing or climbing, and all are small in stature, standing between 3 and 4 feet.
Racial Ability Scores
- Small Size – Move speed of 25ft.
- +2 Dexterity
- Darkvision – Throden treat dim light as normal, and darkness as dim light up to 60 feet.
- Climber – Throden are natural climbers and gain a Climb speed equal to their movement speed.
- Nimble – Throden can occupy the space of another small creature, or move through the space of a creature larger than them.
Throden can be found all over the world and take a number of different shapes and sizes, the following subraces are not true subraces but instead represent a number of alterations or mutations available to Throden. Select one at first level;
- Glider – You can slow your decent to a speed of 30 feet per round while still being able to move horizontally. You take no damage from falling if you are not incapacitated. Acceding requires a successful acrobatics check, DC 12, and is considered difficult terrain.
- Swimmer – You have a swim speed equal to twice your movement and can hold your breath three times longer than normal.
- Digger – You have a burrowing speed equal to half your movement. Attempting to dig through materials such as worked stone, or metal requires your claws to be considered magical.
- Sprinter – Your base movement speed increases by 10 feet. In addition you can, as a reaction, move five feet in any direction, doing so does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
- Prehensile Tail – Your tail is flexible and strong, allowing you to use it as if it were another hand. You can use a reaction to make a melee weapon attack against a target in range so long as your tail is wielding a light weapon you are proficient with. You do not add your strength or dexterity modifiers to weapon damage, unless you would normally add these modifiers to an offhand attack.